Canadian National Railway
Full Job Description
At CN, every day brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We welcome students who share their ideas, perspectives, and understanding of new technologies with our teams. In return, we provide the opportunity to work on exciting projects with experienced collaborators who are happy to share their knowledge, all within a mutually-agreed to the framework.
You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The opportunities we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Intern, Strategy is responsible for assisting the Strategy team by providing insights, analytics, and communications with respect to external trends (e.g. Megatrends and disruptors). Additionally, the incumbent assists various functions with data-driven analytics and modeling the impacts of strategic choices. The role is part of a team of 5 employees collaborating with Executives to develop, enhance, and lead the strategic planning process as an active organizer and constructive challenger bringing external and fresh perspectives.
- Perform and synthesize long-term market research for various commodities
- Perform geographic, market, and benchmark analysis
- Carry out specific market analyses
- Assist with specific ongoing projects
- Refresh and review key trends in Transportation and Logistics start-ups
- Support tracking ongoing initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fluently bilingual in both written and verbal (English, French)*
- Experience in data analytics*
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500-mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainability. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability, and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
To apply for this job please visit www.cn.ca.