Canadian Olympic Committee
Full Job Description
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Finance Intern role provides students with insight into various aspects of the Finance function. This will include exposure to both accounting and financial planning and analysis. The Finance Intern assists in day-to-day tasks that support various roles and functions within Finance team.
This internship will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St., Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Assist with the month-end close procedures
- Support the team in preparing and posting journal entries
- Prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with Payroll processing and adjustments
- Assist with monthly pension, benefits, and other government filings
- Assist with basic financial modelling and analysis
- Participate in monthly budget partner meetings to discuss budget vs. actual results
- Assist with expense analysis in Concur
- Assist the team in the preparation of Statement of Financial Position
- Support other team members as necessary
- Support ad hoc requests/projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- Must be enrolled in a Canadian degree or diploma program in Business Accounting or relevant field
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Positive team player with an eagerness to learn and an affinity for building strong relationships
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Good communications skills, both oral & written
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
This is a paid internship. The intern will earn an hourly wage of $16.00 with a maximum of 35 hours per week.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.