About Canvas Offices
Canvas creates flexible and sustainable workspaces tailored to its customers’ needs. Canvas is a growing family creating the best workplace experience for growing businesses with 12 spaces across central London. Ron and Oren began their business career running their own music label from a coworking space. Seeing the lack of inspiring work environments, they saw an opportunity in the nascent flexible workspace market and started Canvas.
Canvas combines the advantages of private offices with the communal facilities and perks of the coworking world. Today, Canvas is home to more than 900 clients and our centers have maintained extremely high occupancy rates even during the Pandemic and lockdown. This is founded on our emphasis on fostering community and collaboration.
We think differently from most office suppliers. We build communities, care about our clients, and are here to help them. We know what it’s like to run a business and want to give them the best possible experience. We transform forgotten buildings into inspirational spaces that feel like home. Can you help us in our journey?
The Facilities Manager (FM) would be responsible for all aspects of the hard and soft service facilities and maintenance issues across all buildings in our portfolio.
Reporting to the company Head of Operations (HOO) and working together with the existing Facilities team, key responsibilities of the Facilities Manager role include:
- Achieve and maintain excellent standards of Facilities Management in all Canvas buildings. This includes the building fabric, hard and soft services (coordination of planned and reactive maintenance), and building health and safety.
- Work alongside the GM and DGMs to maintain the buildings to a high standard ensuring they are clean, safe, secure, compliant, and attractive to our clients.
- Build relationships with external contractors and service providers to ensure that their delivery is in line with our expected levels of quality, service, cost, and timeliness.
- Coordination of all compliance-related tasks (including weekly fire tests, water temperature testing, maintenance visits, etc) and conduct regular audits to ensure all site documents are maintained (including Health & Safety files, water logbooks, and certification, etc)
- Ensure that planned and reactive maintenance is conducted to maximize the effectiveness of all assets and that all works completed are financially sound.
- Manage the Facilities team members; oversee the completion of their planned and reactive tasks, as well as support their development. Act as a point of escalation for related issues.
- Providing regular updates to HOO and GMs on the status of maintenance tasks and issues and having ownership of reporting on SLA performance.
- Collaborate with the Operations Support Manager (OSM) to introduce new processes and tools to reduce energy consumption, be greener and save money in the way we operate our buildings (heating, water, recycling, etc.)
- Support the opening of new buildings by working alongside the Project Manager and Architect to ensure the design and construction allow efficient future maintenance, and a full building O&M manual is created.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant FM experience in commercial buildings (encompassing both Hard and Soft FM)
- Experience in managing staff and contractors, working with planned maintenance programs, and knowledge of relevant compliance and legislation
- Hold a minimum of an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Experience coordinating and project managing, including management of budget and deadlines
- Flexible mindset and willingness to grow within the company
- A friendly and can-do approach to people and the challenges faced
- Ability to work in a start-up environment
- Experience in the co-working/building management/serviced office industry
- Overseeing Hard and Soft FM services across multiple sites
- Collaborative mindset – experience working with Operations, Finance, and Sales
- Personable with the ability to liaise with a wide array of clients
- Solution Provider to client queries
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum (based on experience)
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holiday)
- Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Share option plan in a fast-growing company
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- Young and active team with weekly drinks, monthly activities, and annual company trip
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.