The Good Care Group
Live in Carer
If you’re looking to balance meaningful work with valuable time off at home, we think there’s nowhere better than The Good Care Group. We’re looking for carers with at least 6 months’ professional care experience to join our award-winning live-in care team.
Why we think there’s nowhere better:
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
- Pay based on your care experience, plus holiday pay, pension & bank holiday enhancements
- Blue Light Card – giving you access to lots of discounts to both online and highstreet retailers
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services and a level 3 award in awareness of dementia
- Market leading face to face induction training in London or Oxford (with hotel accommodation included)
- A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- Peer to peer support for all Carers joining us as part of our buddy scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
- An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- A variety of rota patterns, so you can choose the option that works best for you
Along with the great benefits we offer, you can be assured that you will have a CQC ‘outstanding’ team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year. We’ll help you develop your knowledge through our specialist training courses and ensure you have all the support you need from our team of caring experts.
What does a live-in carer do?
You’ll be helping support our clients to stay in the homes and communities they love most. This isn’t just work. It’s life changing work.
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern (e.g 2, 4 or 6 weeks). You’ll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients’ needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia.
- You’ll be matched with a client based on your skills and your client’s needs, providing tailored support and companionship
- Following a client’s individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinson’s
- Moving and handling
- Administering medication
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- At least 6 months’ professional care experience gained in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant in the NHS or similar.
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from COVID-19 vaccinated or medically exempt Carers
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in people’s homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.
Salary range is £756 – £1,069 per week. Your salary will be based on your professional care experience – including your length of live-in care experience, the complexity of client care needs, and whether you are in a couple placement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £756.00-£1,069.00 per week
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- care: 1 year (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.