|Hiring Organization||Mears Group|
|Post Name||Care Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 25 To GBP 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Bromley, England, United Kingdom BR1 1AF|
We are looking to recruit several Care Workers and have a wide range of flexible hours and contracts on offer.
This is a great opportunity to join our friendly and highly professional team, we respect hard work and dedication towards the local community in Bromley, and we offer competitive salaries plus some impressive benefits and training opportunities.
How will your day look as a Care Worker?
Care Workers really make a difference in the lives of our service users, offering a highly personal service you will be helping to enable people in your local community to live as independently as possible, by providing the best standards of care and support.
- Assisting with all elements of personal care, to ensure service users are supported in being as independent as possible in preparation for their day ahead
- Assisting service users with getting washed and dressed, preparing meals, prompting, and assistance with taking medication
- Light household tasks
- Offering companionship and helping build service users’ confidence and independence
We are Mears – Proud to be voted one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for in the Sunday Times.
We are one of the UK’s leading housing and care providers offering solutions to both the private and public sectors with over 6,500 employees. We operate a Partners for Purpose approach to business supporting our clients helping to develop, fund, and implement their placemaking ambitions. A career with Mears Group means putting people at the heart of what we do every day.
Mears Benefits and Culture
We Hire Individuality – Recognising and valuing everyone as an individual and ensuring equal access to opportunities for all regardless of social economic background or individual makeup.
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Refer a friend scheme (entitlement up to £1000)
- Incentive payments made, once training and probationary periods have been completed
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share saver scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (Access to Free counseling service)
- Wellbeing service (Access to trained mental health & well-being advisors)
- Mears Annual Family Fun Day for you and your family to places like Alton Towers, and Drayton Manor where your entrance and lunch will be paid for.
- Care Worker of the Month Award
- Mears Connect Discounts – includes discounts and money back on high street shops, holidays, groceries, and lots more
- Paid volunteering leave – 16 hours per year
- Paid Annual leave up to 28 days
- Offering a range of shifts to balance home and work life.
What do you need to have?
- Successful candidates must be willing to work alternate weekends, as well as 2 evenings per week
- No previous experience is required, and full training will be provided.
- Practical subjects such as cooking and household responsibilities
- Health and safety; moving and handling
- Personal care
- Dementia assistance
- As well as specialist areas that may be required by specific service users
- Free training induction program (EEP)
- Free access to ongoing training in specialist training
- Free eLearning courses
- Access to health and social apprenticeships
- If you haven’t already achieved a minimum of QCF level 2 in health and social care, you will be signed up for the program on completion of your probation free of charge.
- Annual Appraisals and 1-2-1’s to discuss development plans and future progression
Whether you are an experienced Care Worker or fancy a change in career and believe you have the empathy for this exciting and rewarding career we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit mearsgroup.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.