|Hiring Organization||Ashgate Hospice|
|Post Name||Care Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 20270 To GBP 21535 Per Year|
|Location||Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom S42 7JD|
About the role
As a Care assistant on our Inpatient unit, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of doctors, registered nurses, Care assistants, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and supportive care (chaplaincy, social workers, complementary therapists). Patients that are admitted to our inpatient unit require specialist palliative care such as complex symptom management and end-of-life care.
The responsibilities of an Ashgate Hospice Care assistant include:
- To assist in delivering direct patient care, attending to personal hygiene, and sanitary needs, and helping to move, position, and mobilize patients.
- As a team member, contribute regularly to the assessment of the patient’s ongoing care, be it physical, mental, social, or spiritual.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration relating to patient care.
- Be aware of the importance of a “Hospice Team Approach” for the care of patients, their families, and other members of staff.
- Assist with the care of distressed relatives and friends of Hospice patients or deceased patients.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our staff has the time and support to deliver the very highest quality of care to the patients and families we look after. We know this is often a challenge in many settings, but we believe strongly that we only have one chance to get it right for our patients and their loved ones.
At Ashgate, we are privileged to be able to share some truly special moments with our patients and their families, including events from weddings to birthday parties.
To get full details on what the role includes please read the attached Job Description, call the Ward Manager for an informal chat and come and visit us.
You will have outstanding communication and organizing skills, work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and be committed to making a positive impact on the lives of patients, families, and colleagues alike.
Skills and experience required.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of terminally ill people
- Confident in documenting care delivered
- Motivation and commitment to personal and professional development
- A commitment to Ashgate’s values
Ashgate Hospice is a registered charity that provides compassionate, specialist palliative and end-of-life care, free of charge, to patients with a life-limiting illness and their families across North Derbyshire. Our values are at the heart of everything we do at Ashgate.
They are grounded in our commitment to being the best we can be for our patients and the people who are important to them, and for each other. We are compassionate. We are a team. We are respectful, open, and inclusive.
We are proud of our Outstanding CQC rating and our recent RCN award-winning in-patient unit and have ambitious plans for high-quality and sustainable patient care.
We’re committed to providing a happy, safe and supportive environment for all our people which is why nearly 4 out of 5 of our staff would recommend us as a place to work. We recognize the need to support our employees’ well-being including their work-life balance, which is why we are open to and encourage flexible working arrangements, including job-sharing.
As a valued member of the team, you will have a wide range of training and development available to support your own personal, and professional development, opening doors to new career pathways.
Please visit our website and social media accounts or listen to our podcast “The Life and Death Podcast” to get a feel for what it is like to be part of the Ashgate team and gain an understanding of the people we support.
Find out why our people think Ashgate Hospice is a special place to work.
Some of our current benefits include:
- A highly compassionate and supportive working environment
- A wide range of initiatives to support your well-being, and the time out to practice self-care
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A progressive approach to flexible working to help meet your and our needs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan includes free annual eye tests, dental checks, and money back for a range of treatments and therapies
- Access to a free, confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Free access to Westfield Rewards, offering discounts from hundreds of retailers
- Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution
- Life assurance scheme
- Total commitment to your learning and development
- Ample, free parking when working onsite
To apply for this job please visit www.networxrecruitment.com.