Full Job Description
About CareRx Corporation
CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have an opportunity for you.
The Pharmacy Assistant plays an important role in the quality and safety of our medications. They assist in the preparation, packaging and organization of the medication deliveries, which requires an exceptional attention to detail. Their support to the Pharmacists and Technicians is essential to maintaining our quality standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Adhere to all applicable policies, standards and procedures
- Prepare medication for compliance packaging clients
- Maintain workflow and receipt of medication within prescribed timeline of receipt of prescription
- To assist in receiving and basic data entry of new prescriptions
- Receive and restock medications
- Prepare daily and weekly production reports
- Replenish shelves with reorder medications
- Maintain stock levels and order when required
- To prepare manual and automated compliance packaging
- Ensure area is clean and free of garbage and debris at all times
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Pharmacy Assistant experience
- KROLL Pharmacy system experience
- Experience with PacMed and SynMed Systems an asset (specifically for production team)
- Compliance Packaging experience
- Experience in a long term care setting would be an asset
Qualities for Success:
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role – Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.