PACKAGING Senior Buyer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Packaging Senior Buyer will be responsible for handling cross regional sourcing activities and will actively contribute to the build and execution plans of the category strategy. In this role, you will strategically manage regional stakeholders and key supplier relationships, in alignment with the category strategy.
- Execute highly complex sourcing events.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to resolve feasibility of buying products and establish price objectives.
- Provide technical expertise in regional spend, stakeholder and procurement landscape.
- Negotiate with suppliers and analyze supplier operations to resolve factors that affect prices and the lowest cost, consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
- Drive the implementation of cross regional sourcing decisions.
- Lead key regional supplier and stakeholder relationship building and maintenance and monitor performance to make necessary adjustments.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent level of English
- Minimum of seven years of related work experience
- Be an expert on the categories under responsibility
- Any additional European language would be valuable
- Source to contract experience in categories under responsibility
- Industry & international working environment background
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.