Casual Jobs Auckland
|Hiring Organization||Auckland Council|
|Post Name||Casual Team Member – Lifeguard (Tepid Baths)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 20 To NZD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand 2104|
- Calling all strong swimmers! Have you thought about Lifeguarding?
- Casual hours to cover Tepid Baths
- Foot in the door to recreation industry, free use of centre
The opportunity: The opportunity
We have exciting opportunities for candidates who enjoy the flexibility and choice that casual hours can bring to your lifestyle. To work as a pool lifeguard in New Zealand, the Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate (PLPC) is the minimum award you need to hold. Pool lifeguards are observant, patient, and good with people. Their skill set means they have the confidence to act in a quick, responsible, and calm way. As such, we will provide this training for you free of charge.
For more information about the PLPC Certification please read here: PLPC Our centres are open 7 days a week so flexibility will be key, with early morning shifts from 5:00 am and late shifts up to 10:00 pm.
- provide cover for sickness, planned leave and training
- be rostered on a variable schedule
- can upskill across multiple functions in the centre
- will be fully trained and provided with a Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate
About you: About you
We are looking for people of ages that are strong swimmers, dedicated to helping others can pick up shifts at short notice.
To become a lifeguard with Auckland Council as the first step you will need to be able to pass this test, please only apply for this position is you feel you can do this.
- Swim 200m freestyle in less than 6 minutes
- Swim 50m any stroke
- Duck, dive and retrieve an object from the bottom of the pool (at 5m depth)
- Tread water for 5 minutes
What we offer: What we offer
You will be joining a team who are outgoing, and customer-focused. As an Auckland Council employee, you will also enjoy multiple discounts and partnership benefits, along with having free use of the centre’s facilities.
If you think you have what it takes to join our professional and fun team apply now!
Auckland Council is committed to the protection and well-being of children. This role is classified as a Children’s Worker role under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and is deemed a safety-sensitive position.
- As such applicants will be required to undergo police vetting and a drug test prior to commencing employment.
- Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
- Auckland Council strongly encourages our employees to be fully vaccinated.