Senior Tax Accountant
· Seniors are responsible for reviewing and producing tax returns, and for reviewing and interpreting complex financial and tax information.
· Seniors will provide consulting in accounting policies and procedures for a wide range of businesses, as well as training and guiding Juniors here at SLP.
· Seniors will be proactively identifying tax and accounting issues that may trigger an audit, and will also propose strategies to resolve them.
· Seniors will be preparing financial and tax projections; developing tax strategies; providing clients with quarterly tax payments; reviewing tax returns for high-net- worth individuals, trusts, corporations, partnerships and estates; and ensuring the accuracy of all filings.
· In the event of an IRS audit, Seniors will participate with partners in representing clients.
· Strong desire to become a partner in a boutique tax practice.
· 2+ years since earning your license as a CPA (attestation level) or chartered accountant.
· 4+ years in tax work, accounting, financial analysis or similar preparatory work
· A solid theory foundation and understanding of accounting and auditing, including GAAP, GAAS and SSARS.
· Ability to research tax rules, accounting practices and audit procedures using online resources and direct-call outreach to sources.
· Advanced proficiency with Prosystems, QuickBooks and Excel, online research skills using IRS law libraries, BNA/CCH and other industry websites, and strong general computer skills across Microsoft Office Suite, time and billing software, etc.
· Attention to detail, error-free work product and disciplined procedures for documentation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Tax accounting: 8 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.