Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
When Legends Come To Life
Since opening in 1962, The Ocean Club has welcomed the world’s most discerning guests to our five-mile stretch of natural white sand beach – framed by 35 acres of Versailles inspired lawns and gardens.
Discover the legendary chic of The Ocean Club, combining elevated Four Seasons service with laid-back Bahamian style – creating one of the most sought-after resort experiences in the Caribbean.
On a stretch of natural white sand beach, our resort offers 107 ultra-luxury accommodations, a Balinese-inspired spa, and dining by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
The Ocean Club has a treasured history serving generations of luxury travelers. Expansive lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.
The Ocean Club offers a rich roster of activities including water sports such as snorkeling, sailing and wind-surfing along with land-based activities including world-class golf and tennis plus a relaxing spa.
The Role of the Sous Chef
- Supervises and coordinates activities of Cooks and other workers, engages in preparing and cooking foodstuff by performing the following duties.
- Assumes all duties of the Executive Sous Chef in the chef’s absence.
- Establishes menu forecasts based on house counts or business forecast, previous experience, date, etc. Posts the menu forecast for all kitchen employees to view.
- Assist in the planning and development of recipes, and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Ensures methods of cooking, garnishing and size portions are as prescribed.
- Verified that quality standards, departmental rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- May be required to prepare special diets according to specific guidelines.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons and local regulations are in compliance. Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas and reach-in coolers.
- Train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
A successful candidate must have formal training from culinary arts program or has worked as an experienced as Sous Chef. Chefs should have experience in various positions within various food service environments, including restaurants, cruise ships, and hotel operations.
- 3-5 years of culinary experience
- Possess great communication skills and experience in using/working with a computer
- A sincere willingness to provide service to guests and peers.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to function well under pressure, set priorities and adjust to changing conditions.
- High work ethic, with a sense of responsibility for the role filled within our team.
- A successful candidate will have a flexible schedule, ability to work weekends and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.