Chick-fil-A Yonge Bloor
Full Time Back of House Team Member
Full Job Description
Full Time BOH Team Member
Company: WDY Hospitality – Chick-fil-A Yonge & Bloor
Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor is an independently owned and operated quick service restaurant looking for incredible team members who have a heart to make a difference in the lives of our guests. We sell amazing and delicious products and serve with a desire to make a difference in the lives we come in contact with. Our desire is “to create a safe, quick, clean, and welcoming restaurant experience where people of all walks of life gather to enjoy a nourishing meal.”
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Rate: Starting at $16.50
- Always arrive in full uniform and be ready to serve guests upon your scheduled time
- Download and actively check/use Restaurant Apps and respond to communication in a timely manner
- Follow all policies and procedures written in the team member handbook
- Prepare, cook and present food safely, quickly and efficiently, meeting Chick-fil-A standards
- Practice Food Safety behaviours to create a culture focused on food safety
- Know, and participate in workplace healthy and safety procedures by utilizing PPE and following all training procedures correctly
- Keep the kitchen organized and clean which includes sanitizing, cleaning, and disinfecting procedures and general cleaning such as sweeping, mopping, and dusting
- Follow daily restaurant cleaning checklists
- Ability to lift objects between 15 – 50lbs, work in a fast paced and demanding environment while standing on your feet for long periods of time
- Be proactive in your shift for setting up the team for success (i.e. stocking, cleaning, etc.)
- Note: Team member responsibilities are not limited to the ones listed above and from time to time may be required to perform additional duties to support business needs and demands
Culinary Team Member Positions include but are not limited to:
- Prep (Ready to Eat) menu items
- Biscuit Maker
- Chicken rotation and filleting
- Waffle Fries Cook
- Food Prep & Assembly
- Food Safety
- Routine cleaning and maintenance of cooking surfaces and restaurant equipment
Those who do the following typically do well in this role:
- Take ownership of the Chick-fil-A brand and purpose by being good stewards and having a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A
- Promote a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive work environment
- Always have a ‘Put me in, Coach!’ mentality
- Bring a caring, friendly, and optimistic attitude to work
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Thrive in fast paced and demanding environments
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and lift equipment
- Embrace and seek constructive criticism from peers and leadership
- Constantly pursue improvement and excellence
- Pay attention to detail
- Abide by OHSA standards
- Flexible to work in all the stations in the kitchen and consistently look for ways to serve other
- Note: Must be at least 15 years old
- Include working in a great work environment led by people who really CARE.
- Always have Sundays OFF to relax with friends and family.
- Earn a competitive wage and have FLEXIBLE scheduling.
- A complimentary MEAL on every shift
- Opportunity to apply to Chick-fil-A SCHOLARSHIPS, and much more!
- Career development, mentoring, life coaching, and several GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES!
- Uniforms are provided
- Opportunities for health and wellness benefits
- If you want to work for an incredible company that focuses on the important thing – PEOPLE, then come join our team!
In our kitchens, we focus on fresh and simple ingredients. And we always have. Since the beginning, we’ve served chicken that is whole breast meat, with no added fillers or hormones, and we bread it by hand in our restaurants.
Produce is delivered fresh to our kitchens several times a week. Salads are chopped and prepared fresh throughout the day. Whole lemons are freshly squeezed and combined with pure cane sugar and water (yep, that’s all) to make Chick-fil-A Lemonade®. It may not be the easy way, but it’s the only way we know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Why do you want to work at Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor?
- What do you expect working at Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor to be like?
- Why should we add you to the team?
- What is your availability? For example – Mon: 5pm-Closing, Tue: Open-Closing, Wed: Open-Closing….
- We encourage referrals at Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor. Have you been referred by a current team member?
- What is your biggest concern/ dislike about working at Chick-fil-A Yonge and Bloor?
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.