Assistant General Manager
What you will do:
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
This position will be based at our INSERT LOCATION NAME located at INSERT ADDRESS.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) shall work to ensure The Playdium policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to in all guest facing, technical, and culinary areas within their Playdium location. Responsibilities shall include the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of operations, merchandise and financial areas within multiple departments to maximize sales and profitability. The AGM will support the GM directly with the locations accountability for the profit and loss performance of the venue against budget.
The Assistant General Manager is expected to professionally execute all company programs, supporting the operation of the business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high. It is important for the Assistant General Manager to have both a vision and the ability to maintain a culture of hospitality and positive morale, and a focus on building the bench-strength of their team compliment by providing coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, evaluate and monitor operations in guest facing and culinary areas to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Drive sales through execution, managing staffing and operational budgets and plans to ensure profitability.
- Provide counsel and facilitate resolution of barriers to location performance and guest service standards.
- Evaluate practices and procedures on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations to the General Manager to optimize for changing business needs.
- Share Best Practices across departments to increase performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure execution excellence of Groups & Events within venue.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Playdium and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regular monitoring of the restaurant, gaming floor, redemption, mezzanine gaming areas, and restrooms.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Achieve operational objectives of all designated departments by preparing and completing action plans, implementing productivity and quality measures, and standards of service.
Policy Adherence, Brand, & Procedures
- Understand and effectively follow all Playdium values, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the Playdium brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Ensure all Players and department cashiers adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Recruit, interview, train and coach venue management, and proactively plan for succession.
- Conduct regular meetings with designated Department Managers to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Work with Department leaders to execute employee training and development strategies.
- Understand and implement appropriate disciplinary action for performance and behavioural management.
- Evaluate and take action to improve departmental turnover and increase employee morale by creating a supportive employee centered environment.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with The Playdium Discipline policy and severity table, implementing appropriate action(s) for performance and behavioural management.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns in a timely manner to ensure we maintain a positive work environment.
- Ensure all Player, Manager and departmental scheduling requests are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
What You Need
- 3-5 years of experience managing a high volume restaurant or venue with full Profit and Loss accountability.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
Who You Are
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Proven experience in training, coaching, and mentoring managers and employees.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, employees, and guests.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
What Sets You Apart
- Post-Secondary education, in business and/or hospitality preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500F.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours as required.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.