Chicago Public Schools
Associate Lunchroom Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Characteristics: Manages the operations of the elementary school lunchroom in compliance with departmental guidelines and performs related duties as required.
1. Responsible for supervising lunchroom personnel (Lunchroom Attendant, Porter, Cook I, II and III) and participating in the preparation of a variety of food items in accordance with acceptable practices established by Nutrition Support Services and the designated food services management company
2. Monitoring, supervising and participating in the cleaning and sanitation of lunchroom facilities and equipment daily, monthly and as needed; coaching and training new employees in specific duties, policies and procedures
3. Communicating the daily lunchroom needs to staff and conducting regular staff meetings (minimum weekly), including food prep, sanitation, safety and general housekeeping topics; forecasting production needs and places food orders based on menu needs and inventory levels; recording and submitting inventory level data within assigned deadlines
4. Verifying that food items are received and stored at proper temperatures according to HACCP guidelines and prepared and maintained at proper temperatures with a minimal loss of nutritional value through the use of batch cooking and that recipes, production records and nutrition guidelines are met, while HACCP guidelines are being followed;
5. Monitoring that food is prepared following current menus (approved by Nutrition Support Services) and recipes, production records and nutrition guidelines are met and HACCP guidelines are being followed;
6. Receiving inventory/product and reconciling invoices to ensure deliveries are accurate and correct;
7. Reviewing, approving and submitting requests for equipment repairs/replacements, small wares, and cleaning supplies; preparing, reviewing and monitoring compliance with work schedules/cleaning schedules for employees (with signature verification);
8. Documenting disciplinary issues in a timely fashion; attending required/scheduled meetings, workshops and trainings; completing and monitoring paperwork including but not limited to deposit slips, production records, cooks temperature logs, line temperature logs, refrigeration/freezer temperature logs, food delivery records and miscellaneous reports;
9. Counting and secures money collected from the sale of food items;
10. Preparing bank deposit slips; following cash handling policies and procedures; operating POS terminals and Mosaic system; washing dishes, pots, pans, sheet trays;
11. Cleaning equipment and facilities; serving food; sweeping, mopping and vacuuming kitchen/serving areas (from the front and under the serving line to the back of kitchen/food preparation area), dish room, storerooms, kitchen restrooms and locker areas; washing walls and food service equipment; wiping tables; restocking for the next day;
12. Performing any other duties as assigned by Nutrition Support Services/designated food management company;
13. Assisting in piloting and implementation of new programs within Nutrition Support Services; demonstrating punctuality and regular and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with at least one year of proven supervisory/food preparation experience in an institutional setting or an Associate Lunchroom Manager III equivalent combination of related training and experience. Must possess and maintain a valid Chicago Department of Public Health Certified Foodservice Manager Certificate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.