City of Edmonton
Grounds Maintenance Worker
Full Job Description
At the City of Edmonton – City Operations, we strive to help our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth and provides continuous opportunities for development.
As a Grounds Maintenance Worker you will be responsible for the General maintenance and cleaning of the site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular daily and weekly maintenance of approximately 5 hectares of grass
- Increase daily litter picking and site cleaning
- Perform weed control operations using mechanical and cultural methods
- Site maintenance, including pruning, edging, fence repair, sign repair, pressure washing of buildings, and sidewalks
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on powered equipment including push mowers, and riding tractors
- Lawn maintenance for the entire Kennedale Collections yard
- Regular maintenance of areas outside of all Collection Services buildings
- Edge roadways and approach lanes to all sites. Regular site repairs of turf, signs, guardrails, etc.
- Perform emergency traffic control as required
- A high volume of work with changing dynamics including, differences in weather conditions (eg. extreme heat – extreme cold)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Day-to-day operational and work implementation decisions
- Decisions and recommendations related to emergent issues
- Decisions on use of proper equipment and tools for various tasks on site
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completion of Grade 10
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- Able to understand oral and written instruction
- General knowledge of basic maintenance activities including: standard usage of materials, tools and equipment to complete site service tasks
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to operate some equipment (vehicles, snow blowers, etc)
- Physically able to perform the duties assigned to the class
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Heavy lifting up to 100lbs and repetitive motion/movement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Employment@edmonton.ca
Up to 2 temporary positions up to 8 months
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours per week
Salary: $22.072 – $30.606
Talent Acquisition Consultant: NC/JF
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.