City of Fernie
Full Job Description
Parks, Facilities and Recreation Department
The City of Fernie is inviting internal applications for the position of a Labourer/Janitor, Full-time, Temporary, position. Employment for this position will be on a temporary basis for 12- 18 months or until return of incumbent and will be part of CUPE Local 2093.
Note: this job description is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local-2093 to reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions more accurately at the City.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This job performs a variety of general and specific labour and janitorial type duties requiring physical effort and agility in the performance of semi-skilled tasks and a variety of general and specific tasks in the safe and efficient operation of light trucks, and maintenance equipment.
Reporting to the Director of Parks, Facilities and Recreation, or designate, the successful applicant must be a mature, performance orientated individual with the ability to work extremely well with others, as well as independently, with little supervision. They must work in a safe and responsible manner, and exercise good public relations.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Operating equipment such as grass cutting machines, Bobcat, etc.
- Cleaning and carrying out minor repairs and painting shops, yards, parks, equipment, buildings and content and machines as necessary.
- Making daily inspections of equipment operated to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Labour and landscaping duties such as weeding, seeding, turfing and other grounds and park maintenance.
- Maintaining simple records, including maintenance records.
- Securing equipment, property, buildings, and vehicles.
- Emptying and cleaning garbage cans and collecting garbage
- Other related duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Physically capable of completing manual labor-intensive tasks such as lifting, carrying, climbing, etc.
- Exercise independent judgement and initiative.
- JOB POSTING
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.