City of Saskatoon
Scheduling and Booking Clerk
Full Job Description
Division: Transportation and Construction
Department: Saskatoon Transit
Term: 1 Temp Part Time position(s) available for approximately 18 months.
Labour Group: ATU 615
Under the supervision of the Access Transit Supervisor, this position performs a wide range of functions related to the efficient delivery of special needs transportation services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives booking requests via telephone, email, webmail, and fax.
- Schedules, cancels, and modifies customer requests to achieve efficient and effective trips
- Communicate live changes to manifests to drivers using on board technology or two way radio
- Manages the use of third party transportation providers as required
- Communicates with customers, drivers, other transit team members, and health care professionals.
- Optimize trip schedules to ensure the most efficient use of resources on a day to day basis.
- Maintains customer files by entering and revising data as required.
- Provides accurate policy and procedure information as required.
- Provides emergency coordination in case of an accident or other road incident.
- Maintains accurate trip information and ensures performance indicators are captured.
- Assists with the training and orientation of new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities And Skills
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the City of Saskatoon geography would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of scheduling and dispatching procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to handle cash according to acceptable cash handling practices
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Knowledge of, and empathy with, the transportation needs of persons with disabilities and the elderly.
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain the integrity of various databases.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and manage conflicts in a positive and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships with the public, other professionals in various fields, co-workers and civic officials.
- Demonstrated ability in the operation of a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
Education, Training And Experience Requirements
- Grade 12 education with three years progressively responsible experience in radio operations, scheduling and dispatch within the transportation delivery service, telephone service, customer service and working with people with disabilities.
- Graduation from a one year business-related program with two years progressively responsible experience in radio operations, scheduling and dispatch within the transportation delivery service, telephone service, customer service and working with people with disabilities
- Typing speed of 55 wpm
Requires Security Check
No Security Check Required
Weekly Hours: Part time. Shift work and weekend hours required
Salary Range: $29.52 to $30.29 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents.
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process,
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.