City of Saskatoon
Jump to: Hide
Under supervision of the Greenskeeper, this is unskilled physical turf maintenance and minor equipment repair work usually and primarily performed outdoors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of general labour tasks, such as seeding, watering, mowing, fertilizing, weeding, spraying, pruning, cleaning, hoeing, planting, picking up debris, using and maintaining tools at the municipal golf courses.
- Performs minor repairs on motorized, turf-maintenance equipment, using a variety of hand tools (i.e. oil change, lubrication, cleaning).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 education.
- Three months’ related horticultural/agricultural experience, including related golf course experience.
- Knowledge of the use of equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with the public.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate and maintain motorized, turf-maintenance equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties outdoors, for extended periods of time and in various weather conditions.
Shift work and weekend work may be involved.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.