City of Toronto
Full Job Description
The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) protects the City and its stakeholders by strengthening the City’s cyber security posture, conducting risk assessments, building a cyber smart workforce, collecting intelligence to prevent attacks, and investigating cybercrimes affecting the City and its employees.
- Assists with installing, maintaining and updating various hardware/software/systems.
- Assists with web design and maintenance.
- Assists with packing, loading, lifting, moving, delivering and unpacking equipment.
- Collects data for others to analyze.
- Assists with organizing and presenting data collected.
- Assists others with drafting documents.
- Documents/maintains/inputs/updates data.
- Researches faults/problems for others to analyze/process.
- Researches software, hardware and peripheral devices.
- Assists with systems tests.
- Assists in maintaining inventory.
- Assists with simple programming.
- Answers calls, takes messages and directs inquiries to appropriate staff to answer questions/handle requests.
- Travels to various locations and participate in special events, shows or meetings.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field), or an approved combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience working with business processes, analyzing large amounts of data and/or statistical information.
You Must Also Have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with staff and clients in an efficient and diplomatic manner, both in-person, over the phone and via email.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service when dealing with the pubic.
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime as required.
- Ability to travel to other City work locations as required.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.