City of Toronto
Jump to: Hide
Reporting to the Manager, the Program Evaluator works collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams to provide continuous quality improvement and evaluative support to TPH programs.
- Collaborates with program staff and management in the planning and evaluation of TPH programs
- Develops and reviews program logic models
- Analyzes needs and develops assessment tools
- Establishes and maintains a framework and standards for program evaluation in collaboration with other program evaluators within the division
- Designs and tests evaluation and applied research strategies and tools
- Develops plans for the implementation of the evaluation strategy in collaboration with internal and external groups
- Researches, reviews and implements policy for evaluation and summarizes the results
- Plans and implements educational activities on program evaluation, as needed
- Participates in the development and implementation of surveys
- Evaluates public health strategies and programs, including efficiency, processes, outcomes and cost effectiveness
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses and summarizes the results
- Prepares evaluation reports that relate to evaluation objectives
- Prepares reports for management staff as well as the Board of Health, City Council and its committees, and external organizations for the signature of the Medical Officer of Health
- Contributes to program planning
- Represents Toronto Public Health at conferences and workshops
- Identifies research opportunities and funding sources that support public health practice, prepares and submits grant applications
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates literature pertaining to program evaluation Consults on day to day evaluation and applied research problems
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Health Administration or an equivalent combination of a baccalaureate degree and extensive experience relevant to the primary duties of the position.
- Considerable experience with evaluability assessments and process and outcome evaluations, including the use of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Considerable experience as an evaluator in a public health or similar setting.
- Considerable experience with microcomputer systems, database management and statistical packages used for data analysis in evaluation.
- Considerable experience in preparing well written reports on complex evaluation projects and effectively presenting on them.
- Considerable experience managing concurrent projects utilizing excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
You must also have:
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting with a broad range of program staff, management, senior management and technical experts.
Credentialed Evaluator designation, is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.