Full Job Description
An exciting Engineering opportunity has opened up at Heysham 1 to join our highly skilled and passionate Engineering Department. We’re looking for a Civil Engineer to complement our existing Civil and Structural Engineering capability.
As a Civil Engineer, you’ll have a varied and challenging spectrum of work across the Station. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to work cross functionally with a number of teams to ensure the civil structures are maintained and enhanced to support generation and future defueling and decommissioning.
Pay, Benefits and Culture
We’re offering a salary of £40,069 – £71,779 alongside excellent terms and conditions. The starting salary for the appointment will be dependent on your existing salary, competence, experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive pension scheme along with some great company benefits. This is a full-time position, however we will be happy to discuss options regarding part time flexibility, if you would like to highlight this on your application.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Reactor Systems Engineering Group Head you will carry out the following day-to-day tasks:
- Manage projects from low to high complexity leading diverse multi-disciplined teams
- Develop and maintain your knowledge of the plant and systems, taking responsibility for your own training and development.
- Act as system manager with responsibility for the civil structures using the core Fleet Engineering processes
- Ensure critical equipment is identified and preventative maintenance programmes are in place to prevent equipment failures
- Oversee System Health reviews, developing short to long-term engineering solutions, defining Maintenance Policy, Maintenance Schedule changes, managing Periodic Safety Reviews and lifetime management processes
- Monitor and evaluate system performance using feedback from Operations and Maintenance and by conducting Plant Walk-downs.
- Ensure the Station Maintenance strategy is aligned with plant needs and adjustments are made to the strategy as required to enhance Equipment Reliability
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge to troubleshooting activities ensuring robust corrective actions are in place to correct issues and prevent re-occurrence
- Actively participate in the on-line and outage work planning process providing engineering technical input as required ensuring prioritisation of work is based on the criticality of equipment and its potential impact on plant performance
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.