SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Security Guard / Security Services Assistant
|Hiring Organization||SUNY Downstate Medical Center|
|Post Name||Security Guard / Security Services Assistant|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Brooklyn, New York, United States 11203|
Are you looking to take your career to new heights with a leader in healthcare? SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is one of the nation’s leading metropolitan medical centers. As the only academic medical center in Brooklyn, we serve a large population that is among the most diverse in the world. We are also highly ranked by Castle Connolly Medical, a healthcare rating company for consumers, among the top 5 leading U.S. medical schools for training doctors.
The Department of University Police and Public Safety at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Security Services Assistant I / Security Guard. The successful candidate will:
- Have sat for the Security Services Assistant 1 exam with the New York State Department of Civil Service, and received a passing and reachable score.
- Provide foot patrol of state facilities to detect security incidents and deter criminal activity by means of presence and witness.
- Inspect state premises to detect maintenance problems and equipment failures.
- When assigned to a shift during which a facility is open to the public, will regularly meet and deal with the public to provide direction and information.
- In the event of a fire, may operate fire extinguishers.
- Question persons who appear to be loitering to ascertain the legitimacy of their presence.
- Potentially operate a motor vehicle to transport people or cargo.
- As directed, prepare written reports of shift activities.
- Will have sat for the Security Services Assistant 1 exam with the New York State Department of Civil Service, and received a passing and reachable score.
- A current New York State Security Guard Licensure/Registration.
- Ability to meet physical/medical requirements as determined by the Downstate and Department of Civil Service Employee Health Services.
- Appointees to this position may be required to undergo periodic medical examinations to reassess their ability to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Valid and current New York State Driver’s License as the Security Services Assistant 1 may potentially need to operate a motor vehicle to transport people or cargo.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.