Manufacturing Production Supervisor
Full Job Description
Responsible for providing direct supervision to production employees in department(s) including work scheduling and assignment, employee training, ensuring production quality and quantity requirements are met, evaluating staffing needs, administering safety, communication, teambuilding, etc. programs.
- Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and to achieve objectives.
- Must provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
- Must possess thorough and relevant manufacturing knowledge.
- Position requires occasional exercise of decision making, problem solving, policy or procedure interpretation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
- Purchases tools and various equipment for the shop floor.
- Generally, will supervise department(s)/area(s) where work performed is of an unskilled to semi-skilled to skilled nature, and/or where a variety of occupational skills may be employed.
- May generally supervise up to 15 to 30 employees.
- Duties include normal personnel related activities such as monitoring attendance, enforcing work rules, administering pay increases, handling job transfers, determining overtime schedules, etc.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of employees. Instructs new and/or reassigned employees in the safe and efficient operation of equipment. Responsible for enforcing all safety rules and policies and adhering to Company safety standards as they relate to daily operations.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all pertinent information and developments.
- Position requires extensive standing and walking as part of normal job duties.
- Position requires ability to work in a normal production plant with welding, machining, and fabrication operations environment.
- Liaison with other departments, such as sales and engineering, to resolve manufacturing problems, design connections, etc.
- May prepare recommended department budget.
- May be involved in grievance, resolution activities, and labor agreement administration in a unionized operation.
- Arranges for maintenance/repair of machines/equipment when needed.
This position is for our second shift Mon-Thurs 4pm-2am. Candidates should be able to work all shifts to accommodate OT and absences. This is a full-time long-term position.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities.
Education: Minimum College Degree required.
Experience: 3 years to less than 8 years or more supervisory experience in a manufacturing/fabrication/welding environment, strong “on-floor” presence, strong employee relations management skills and excellent communication skills preferred; MS Office & ERP/MRP software experience also preferred. Strong lean, 5S, TPM, TPS and TOC background is an asset.
Physical Skill and Effort: Limited manual dexterity required, but on occasion the ability to perform the production functions involved for training or emergency purposes.
Working Conditions and Hazards: More frequent exposure to disagreeable features.
Possibility of accidents of a minor nature requiring first aid.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including supplementary medical, dental, life insurance, short- & long-term disability, cash matching GRRSP, vacation, 8 paid stat holidays and 3 paid floater days.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Cleaver-Brooks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.