|Post Name||Data Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related technical field|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 120000 Per Year|
The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren’t meeting our needs. We say it’s time to disrupt and decentralize. We’re energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into hubs in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Reporting to the VP of Software, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented group of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and business stakeholders in a fast-paced and exciting environment. As a Data Engineer, you will join a team on a mission to provide insights and predictions to our customers by acquiring and organizing large volumes of data from our production applications. Your people, process, and technology skills will be especially valuable as you work with your team and others.
This work matters. Even a small change to optimize power utilization can have a huge impact on our customers, our electrical grid, and our environment. We’re building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics, or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- AWS certifications, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience as a data engineer, software engineer, or similar technical role using Python to build, test and deploy data pipelines
- Experience deploying and maintaining containerized cloud applications and cloud functions
- Experience working with InfluxDB.
- Experience building a data lake using Amazon S3, or similar technologies
- Experiences working with data warehouses, like Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
- General knowledge of software development, APIs, data stores, networking, security, machine learning, and cloud computing services
- Strong people, process, and technical leadership abilities
- Excels when collaborating with a small team using an agile process
- Great communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Continuously learning new frameworks and technologies to generate innovative solutions
Our new Data Engineer will:
- Collaborate with software teams to understand and document the sources of data from production applications
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to influence the design, development, and testing of cloud applications that produce data
- Implement data pipelines that are secure, reliable, and scalable by design to support data science teams and real-time business intelligence reporting
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems; implement changes so problems only happen once
- Perform disaster recovery planning to ensure that data and systems can be recovered
- Continuously improve data security, reliability, scalability, and performance
- Stay current with the latest cloud computing, machine learning, and data science technologies
To apply for this job please visit vanhack.com.