Inspir Carnegie Hill
Care Partner HHA/CNA
|Hiring Organization||Inspir Carnegie Hill|
|Post Name||Care Partner HHA/CNA|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To USD 24 Per Hour|
The salary range for this position is $18-$24. The starting salary will depend on location, experience, and prior tenure with Maplewood/Inspir Carnegie Hill. This salary range will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and adjusted as necessary.
Inspīr Senior Living, Maplewood Senior Living’s new brand of world-class, urban senior living properties, is now hiring Home Health Aides (HHA) | Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) for its new Inspīr Carnegie Hill property. Inspīr Carnegie Hill is located on the Upper East Side and stands 23 stories with 215 residential units. It offers assisted living, enhanced care, and memory care with a unique and innovative Integrated Care Model. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a brand-new development and care delivery model, the first of its kind in New York City!
At Inspīr, we are redefining senior living. We depend on our highly trained staff to carry out our philosophy of intentional living. This includes luxury accommodations, exceptional hospitality, cutting-edge technology, innovative wellness programs, and world-class care.
Inspīr Carnegie Hill, 1802 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10128
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, company-paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles, and voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time employees
The HHA/CNA Role:
Is a key member of the Integrated Care Team who nurtures and supports residents by providing safe, effective, and compassionate care, assistance, and service as outlined on each resident’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP) within the scope of the Home Health Aide’s (HHA) training.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Collaborates with other members of the Integrated Care Team to ensure excellence in care and service delivery
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing/showering, dressing, grooming, eating, toileting, hygiene, mobility, and continence management
- Assists resident with instrumental activities of daily living, including meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, telephone use, and bed making
- Assists with resident technology, medical equipment, assistive devices, and supplies as needed
- Assists residents with self-administration of medication
- May accompany residents to hospitals, medical appointments, and other destinations when necessary
- Encourages residents to participate in social and recreational activities as indicated or needed
- Assists with and participates in resident experience, life enrichment, and lifestyle programs
- Maintains an awareness of each resident’s general state of physical and mental health and reports any changes at once to the Nursing Supervisor on duty and/or General Manager
- Fills out records including but not limited to care logs, incident reports, monthly weight documentation, and medication receipt logs
- Follows established protocol for accidents and incidents
- Assists residents in keeping apartments/units clean, neat, and orderly
- Answers call for assistance and attend to resident needs promptly
- Assists with meal selection, service, and feeding as assigned
- Participates in ongoing in-service and training programs
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a Home Health Aide (HHA) Certification Program approved by the Department of Health
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with and passion for working with seniors
- Experience working with a geriatric population in a residential or home setting preferred
- Experience working with people with dementia
- Able to perform tasks that may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with residents, their families, peers, and other staff members
- Highly organized with efficient time management
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English in all formats
- Able to perform tasks that may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending, and lifting
- Be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations and be able to maintain composure and objectivity
- Be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by residents and guests
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States. Criminal background check is required.
To apply for this job please visit inspirseniorliving.com.