ColdAcre Food Systems Inc
Position: Produce Packer
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Wage: $16.77/ hr base, plus per package bonus rate (works out to $18-22 hr for efficient packers!)
Term: Part-time, evening shifts available
ColdAcre is a new start-up whose mission is to provide community-driven, reliable, fresh food in the North. Our farm located in Whitehorse, Yukon produces leafy green, herbs and microgreens throughout the year, providing over 800 lbs of fresh food a week for our community! Through our produce delivery service, WinterHarvest, we bring fresh greens and a variety of local products to customer’s doorstep, as well as providing local greens to restaurants and grocery stores. All ColdAcre employees have the opportunity to participate in the WinterHarvest program and receive great discounts on locally produced food!
We are continually expanding and searching for a hard working, smart and motivated staff to join our team. ColdAcre values work ethic, attitude and problem solving abilities over work experience and will review every applicant on a case by case basis. This position would best suit someone looking for part time work, who enjoys working independently and is highly self motivated.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
Produce packers play a key role in the day to day operations of our farm. You will help prepare products for delivery, ensuring all items packaged meet our quality standards for fresh and reliable products. Packers are paid on a per package basis.
Produce packers will:
- Adhere to packaging guidelines to ensure all products meet weight, quality, and package type standards
- Package orders according to amounts and varieties set out by the Lead Grower
- Assist with other farming tasks, as required
Necessary Skill Set:
- Highly self motivated and able to meet production targets and time deadlines
- Able to work standing for extended periods of time, and perform repeatable tasks
- An interest in year round growing and local food production
- Punctual, reliable, and able to commit to a weekly schedule
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.