Retail Jobs in Canada for Indian
Full Job Description
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Schedule: Minimum 2 years Food Service Experience
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for obtaining and receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in retail stores.
As a Retail Clerk, you will:
- Stock shelves, counters, and tables with merchandise
- Set up advertising displays and arrange merchandise to promote sales
- Stamp, mark, or tag prices on merchandise
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer
- Answer customers’ questions about location, price and use of merchandise
- Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Wrap and bag merchandise
- Total merchandise price and tax to determine final bill amount
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory and order merchandise
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outgoing positive attitude
- Experience in retail operations or sales
- Experience with and a good understanding of POS systems
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Polished interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.