|Post Name||General Laborer|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
You are a tech-savvy and effective project manager, with residential renovation or construction experience looking to hone your skills in luxury residential apartments and townhouses in Manhattan – including large-scale gut renovations, conversions, and complex interiors.
As a key Build Department team player, you will be responsible for supporting a team of construction professionals and overseeing the day-to-day implementation and construction management of a suite of projects. The role requires being capable of informing leadership in real time about all build-related aspects of design and construction. This position is best suited for an ambitious architect or construction manager who has had extensive project management training.
Based in New York City, you will work closely with, and receive support from, Bolster’s design, technology, sales, pricing, procurement, customer support, accounting, and admin teams to fulfill the following responsibilities on a growing volume of simultaneous projects:
- Attending site visits and helping with the minute creation, schedule creation, and updates as well as other necessary administrative tasks
- Support in the creation of schedules, adherence to target margins on a per-project basis, and adherence to WIP goals
- Collaboration with Estimating on the Pre-Construction phase, including strategic planning, verification of procurement orders, coordination of probing, FFnE inventory review, tracking, and viability as well as on-site FFnE coordination
- Financial visibility and collaboration in projects including Cost Control, Change Orders, and Project Forecasts
- In collaboration with your manager, reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout the lifecycle of the project and monitoring and approving requests for payment, and negotiating appropriate changes with subcontractors and suppliers
- Managing quality control, site standards, health and safety standards, dispute resolution, and client satisfaction throughout the full project and warranty lifecycle
- Notifying your manager of any situations that would have a significant impact on the completion date, cost, or quality of projects
- Coordinating the day-to-day relationship with Homeowners, Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Vendors, Neighbors, and various stakeholders as it pertains to the Build phase of projects
- Oversees the full life cycle of multiple construction projects concurrently, ensuring you support your manager for them to remain on schedule and under budget.
- Review projects in depth to identify any conflicts or problems that may arise during the schedule
- Responsible for supporting and overseeing each job site’s administration of documentation, drawings, and specs
- Works proactively to review and correct submittals to maintain project schedule
- Work with Bolster’s skilled trade team to achieve project goals
- Act as point of contact regarding the management of day-to-day skilled trades needs including timecard supervision
Ensures the closeout of projects within 45 days of completion
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of project management experience working in construction, ideally high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo, and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly with homeowners renovating their primary residence spending and have a proven track record of systematically delivering projects within the construction industry.
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties and you can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately, and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator, and manager of various renovation professionals and trade specialists. You know how to get the very best performance from your team and be a team player, in order to support delivering projects to quality, on schedule, and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners’ needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ambitious: You thrive in an environment with nascent products and processes, and you’re driven to stand up new businesses with limited information. You’re a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results-driven: You are bottom-line and metrics oriented, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver’s license.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full-time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years in NYC Construction, ideally in Luxury Private Residential Construction
- Townhouse & Apartment gut renovation and renovation experience
- You love tech driven systems and are used to running your projects using construction management platforms and Excel
- Extensive experience or wanting to learn more about complex projects involving extensions, additions, structural elements, MEPs, high-end finishes, long lead items
- Multicultural experience is desired
- In-Depth understanding of Millwork packages desired
- Developer experience is highly desirable
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include a generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, a 401K program
- Eligibility for an annual merit increase in base pay.
- Your birthday off!
To apply for this job please visit www.bolster.us.