Construction Testing Solutions
General Site Labourer/ Groundworker
Full Job Description
Salary: £27K – £32K dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Concept was established in 1997 in the UK to provide site investigation, geotechnical / environmental consultancy, laboratory testing, instrumentation installation and monitoring services and survey work. Since formation we have sustained steady growth and have been involved in numerous high-profile projects throughout the UK and abroad.
Your duties will be mainly related to carrying out general site labourer duties such as digging clearing vegetation and obstructions, carrying materials etc. You will also be acting as a trainee driller assisting our lead drillers in carrying out cable percussion, rotary and window sampling boreholes. You may from time to time be required to assist in Concept’s laboratory carrying out geotechnical soil testing. You may be required to carry out water and gas monitoring of installation. Training will be provided for all the above.
You may from time to time be required to work on site anywhere in the UK or abroad. Furthermore, you may be required to spend periods of time on secondment with other organisations with whom Concept liaise closely either on site or in a soils laboratory.
Key tasks are but are not limited to:
- Digging trial pits and collecting soil samples
- Breaking out concrete and other obstructions
- Housekeeping, maintaining site in a clean and tidy condition
- Assisting Lead Drillers with cable percussive boring and window sampling.
- Delivery / collection of materials / equipment to sites.
- Assisting with mobilisation / demobilisation of sites.
- Carry out gas and water monitoring as required.
- Assist in laboratory as required.
What we are able to offer you
When working for Concept, in return for hard work, enthusiasm and loyalty, you can expect a remuneration package comprising:
- Market leading salary and salary banding (Depending on skill set and experience)
- Full technical training and on-going career progression
- Pension Contribution
- The job will involve national and potentially international projects requiring working/lodging away from home. Concept provide an attractive subsistence package in these cases.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.