New York County District Attorney's Office
Criminal Court Paralegal
|Hiring Organization||New York County District Attorney’s Office|
|Post Name||Criminal Court Paralegal|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 44253 To USD 46939 Per Year|
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) has an opening for a Criminal Court Paralegal in its Case Management Services Unit. In this position, the Criminal Court Paralegal is responsible for providing time-sensitive clerical support to Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in DANY’s Trial Division and Case Management Services Unit. Please note: this position is an afternoon/evening shift; from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm or 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in court, processing and distributing court notes.
- Assist ADAs in court part and court staff as needed.
- Utilize the Court Event Entry Program (CEE) to update the internal case tracking system with real-time court adjournments, pleas, defense attorney changes, and sentencing information.
- Work with ADAs to ensure timely submission of court notes.
- Review ADA notes to confirm case status and inform assigned ADAs when the case is set to be called when needed.
- Assist standing ADAs with additional information on cases as needed.
- Use the court calendar to label/number cases from each bureau and put them in numerical order.
- Complete documents when needed to be filed with the court.
- Prepare, maintain, and submit return court notes for scanning.
- Prepare and maintain routine court-related reports.
- Check documents for accuracy of information and conformity with established policy.
- Perform clerical and related tasks within the court and unit.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented and self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives, and outside visitors.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring unit.
To apply for this job please visit fa-elzs-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.