- Full Time
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
CraigCare is a long established, leading member in the aged care provider community in both Victoria and Western Australia. We are committed to creating a fulfilling work environment based on a combined effort of support and dedication towards providing quality services for our residents.
We currently have an opportunity for an organised, compassionate and empathetic individual to join us at our Glenroy, Plumpton Villa home on Perm Part Time basis.
About your role:
You will work with our kitchen and lifestyle teams to deliver healthy, nutritious, home-style meals to our residents. The key to our success is our people, your role in this environment is to provide friendly, attentive and efficient service to our valued residents. You will be responsible for assisting with upskilling your team members, rostering, stocktake as well as ordering of food supplies while delivering the requirements of our resident’s menus. We are committed to our residents and our employees and encourage our staff to commit to working safely within their teams.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver nutritious, home-style meals for our residents
- Cater for special diets and diet requirements including allergies/intolerances, supplements and texture modified soft & purees
- Lead and guide the kitchen employees according to standards and CraigCare values
- Provide kitchen leadership including rostering and continuous improvement
- Monitoring food costs and administrative tasks like ordering stock, stock take, and adherence to the Food Safety Program and Budgets
- Conducting continuous improvement activities to enhance food offerings to residents
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to deliver high quality meals for our residents with passion and drive that is in line with current demands of the Aged Care sector
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Chef role( Highly Desirable)
- Ability to manage food and labour costs
- Ability to manage and meet food safety standards and OHS requirements
- Strong dynamic leadership, communication skills and ability to plan menus and food offerings
- Ability to lead with a hands-on approach
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience within a Residential Aged Care environment essential including Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Appropriate Hospitality Qualifications or Trade Certificate
- Ability to provide a current National Police Clearance
- Ability to provide up-to-date vaccination (Covid & Influenza)
What We Can Offer You:
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to develop within the Aged Care Industry with a growing facility
- Access to our Employee Referral Program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.