Customer Service Manager Trainee (H)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
Management trainee program is designed to equip future managers with the skills and knowledge necessary to be effective in this position.
Supervise all duties and responsibilities of the store associates in the absence of Store Manager. Effectively assist in the management of all Store operations and to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
- A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques.
- Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
- Associate must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team, demonstrated.
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements including, successful completion of the forklift and power jack training and strong problem-solving skills.
- Associate must meet minimum age requirements.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Meet established volume/activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems required to perform the job functions.
- Responsible for supporting management of all aspects of Center Store operations as delegated by the Center Store Manager.
- Effectively lead all Center store associates.
- Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
- Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
- Conduct associate performance appraisals as directed.
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all of the standard practices in the Center Store Standard Practices Manual.
- Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
- Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
- Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
- Cut, mark and stock product, as required.
- Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
- Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- Assist in special projects.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 336518_external_USA-NH-Ossipee_8212023
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.