Customer Service Jobs Wellington
|Post Name||Customer Service Representative|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 4000 To NZD 4600 Per Month|
|Location||Lower Hutt, New Zealand 5010|
In this Customer Service Centre/Data Entry role based in Gracefield, you will be responding to inbound calls from retail, trade, and commercial customers. This is a permanent full-time position, shifts available are 12:30 pm-9:00 pm and 10:30 am-7:00 pm with the option to WFH.
You will be also responsible for
- Processing and following up on customer orders and claims.
- Return outbound calls to customers.
- Data entry.
- Responding to general customer inquiries.
- Making outbound calls to provide updates and resolutions to queries.
What you will bring and develop
- Customer service experience.
- Data entry or administration exposure.
- Confidence with computers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to learn complex information.
- Free on-site gym.
- On-site parking.
- Enjoy true recognition through our various employee award schemes.
- For parents – a Parental Leave package of 20 weeks of paid leave for the primary carer.
- Enjoy access to the DuluxGroup product ranges at a discounted rate.
- Give back to your community by using your “Supporting the Community” action day (1 day per year).
With a rich history spanning more than a century, we are home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic brands. These include household names such as Dulux, Selleys, Yates, Cabot’s, and B&D. A career at DuluxGroup means becoming a part of our exciting growth journey and working with us to Imagine a Better Place. At DuluxGroup, you will:
- Live our values. Work in an environment where how you achieve great results is just as important as what you achieve. You’ll be empowered to unleash your imagination while being consumer-driven and customer focussed. We want you to run the business as your own while always valuing people, working safely, and respecting the environment.
- Learn and grow through our range of targeted learning and development programs, as well as via genuine career pathways across our broad and diverse range of businesses and brands.
- Work flexibly. We understand that a “one size fits all” approach doesn’t work and are committed to providing a flexible work environment that enables our people to manage their work, family, and lifestyle responsibilities in their own unique way. It is part of what we do and who we are.
- Care for our communities and the environment. We encourage our people to play a role in their communities, including by offering a paid “Supporting Our Communities” action day each year. An embedded focus on sustainability also drives us to deliver on our vision of “A Future Without Harm” by understanding the environmental impacts associated with our business activities, including products, operations, and people.
- Be rewarded with competitive remuneration and benefits plus a range of other perks, including discounts on our market-leading products and an array of recognition and reward initiatives.