Who we are:
Founded in 1960, Grand Valley Fortifiers specializes in the formulation, manufacture and sale of high quality, leading-edge mineral premixes for swine, dairy, beef and poultry producers. We create opportunities for livestock & poultry farms to be more profitable by providing innovative products, programs and services which lower feeding and livestock producers costs, maximize animal performance, and increase nutritional and commercial value of our customers products; meat, milk and eggs.
We’re growing and looking to add a Dairy Specialist to our Ruminant Sales team in Eastern Ontario! In this role you will be responsible for providing sales and service support to dairy operations within your territory. Our ideal Dairy Specialist is passionate about working with people and farmers, loves the dairy industry, growing sales, and travelling down rural roads. If you are a self-motivated people person, and interested in what we do, we’d love to hear from you.
The territory area for this position covers east of Renfrew to Brockville, ending and the Quebec border.
What you’ll do:
- Grow your book of business by actively planning and prospecting new customers to capture their business, turning them into active customers.
- Provide excellent sales and service support to customer accounts.
- Ensure that accounts have all sales, nutrition and management issues resolved quickly and effectively.
- Conduct routine barn tours, diagnose existing challenges, and provide ways to improve production parameters of a producer’s operation.
- Work with our team of nutritionists to prepare rations that will suit your clients and prospects herds’ needs.
- Understand, evaluate and advise according to on farm data that is available and collected.
- Effectively adopt new premixes, feeds, feed additives and services into your sales portfolio.
- Attend and participate in meetings, tradeshows, symposiums, seminars, and industry events.
- Maintain accurate records and reporting of account activity and submit reports as required.
Experience we like:
- A background in the Canadian dairy industry, including experience with milking cows
- Post-secondary education in agriculture is an asset
- Experience in sales and service focused roles in the agricultural community, particularly dairy is an asset
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to quickly understand nutritional and sales knowledge
- Solid organizational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products
- A passion for the dairy and beef industry
- Ability to travel within rural Eastern Ontario 5 days a week
- A valid Canadian Driver’s License is required
Working with us:
This is a permanent full-time role that provides the flexibility to work remotely and travel. In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, this role will also provide an unlimited earning potential through commissions. You will also be eligible to receive comprehensive benefits and RRSP matching.
Ours is a family business that cares about its employees and its community. We make sure that all our staff get what the best workers deserve: benefits, good wages and respect.
How we behave:
- Passion. Serving Customers Innovatively & Well.
- Humble Confidence. Confidently choosing to forgo our status, deploy our resources and use of influence for the good of others before ourselves.
- Integrity. Consistently honest while honouring commitments with our customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Professional. Committed to excellence in the way we lead, serve and relate.
- Caring. With a servant heart, truly caring for customers and co-workers. Find satisfaction in assisting with others’ challenges and joy in witnessing their success.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.