Amazon Careers Montreal
|Post Name||Data Center Facility Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline or Equivalent work experience in Mechanical/Electrical Field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 70973 To CAD 76066 Per Year|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H8T 3P8|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast-paced technology company and a leader in the world of data centers. The position is responsible for overseeing the operations of the electrical and mechanical infrastructure of multiple facilities within Co-location environments. The Facility Manager assists in maintaining high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum.
The supported equipment is mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% up-time. This position will ensure Co-Location SLAs are met through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting in a fast-paced environment and they will need to prioritize complex problems.
The Data Center Facility Manager is also responsible to manage, train and support a team of Data Center Building Technicians and vendors in their role of providing hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and operations.
This position requires that the candidate selected to obtain and maintain an active Reliability Status security clearance with the Government of Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline or Equivalent work experience in Mechanical/Electrical Field
- 5+ years of experience in a management position with direct reports
- In-depth understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems involved in critical data center operations such as generators, transformers, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS units, PDU units, pumps, air handling units, and CRAC units
- 5+ years of Electrical/Mechanical expertise
- 3+ years of experience working in mission-critical environments with an emphasis on building and equipment operation
- Familiar with BMS and EPMS control systems and data collection/trending
- Bilingual: due to the nature of the role that requires interaction with other Amazon entities globally and with Amazon employees and stakeholders in other provinces in Canada, bilingualism in French, and English is required for this position.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with the ability to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Experience with managing diverse teams and other managers
- 7+ years of experience working in data centers with an emphasis on building and equipment operation