Insights Data Scientist
YouView will change the way we watch TV for ever and transform the daily viewing experience of the UK television audience. It’s a brilliantly simple way to find and watch the programmes you love. YouView combines live channels with on-demand, unlocking a world of content and services, and bringing web-based services and interactive extras to the living room TV.Working at YouView is not just about what you do, but how you behave. Our Company Values are very important to us, and are recognised throughout the year.
About The Role
YouView has a central data and insights team, responsible for the end-to-end value chain for all things YouView data, from data instrumentation requirements, data engineering, gaining behavioural insights to building data science and experimentation capabilities.
The role holder will have exposure to all areas of value creation from data across data science, advanced analytics and reporting, enabling YouView to leverage its vast and unique behavioural dataset. YouView Product and Operations teams are the two key stakeholders for this role.
Data science for insights:
- Deliver insights through deep dive analytics using complex datasets to contribute clear and timely evidence to enable Product and Ops team decision making
Measurement design and impact analyses:
- Grow YouView’s existing tool sets around multivariate A/B/n testing, quasi-experimentation and causal inference that underpin a culture of test and learn within the business
- Support the delivery of self-serve reporting capabilities for the business through BI tools to enable stakeholders to understand the impact of software releases and product changes on viewer behaviour and operational service quality
Technical data expert:
- Collaborate as data expert within the business to understand and shape data projects
- Recommend the right technical approach for the right problem, balancing impact, complexity, time and rigour
Stakeholder management support:
- Communicate technical content in accessible manner to a non-technical audience
- Support the management of quality/hygiene of YouView datasets. Suggest improvements, ensure bugs and outliers are identified and champion for fixes
- Build a close working relationship with the data engineering team, continually supporting our ‘one team’ philosophy to lower barriers between build and deployment
What We Are Looking For (essential Skills)
- Required: Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or an Engineering discipline, or minimum 4 years of industry experience
- Required: you have proven fluency in advanced SQL in cloud environments
- Required: you are comfortable in Python across wrangling, visualisation, statistics and modelling
- Required: Prior exposure to statistics behind A/B testing
- You enjoy taking an agile development approach to data projects
- You strive to drive a culture of evidence-based decision-making and are able to support your own recommendations with evidence as well
- You examine your own findings and are able to identify its limitations and trustworthiness
- You have good experience with a cloud data science tech stack (e.g. Sagemaker), version controlled repositories (Github)
- You enjoy being a generalist across all aspects of insights and live services from reporting to analytics to data science/ML with a stronger interest in data science/ML
What we offer (Benefits):
- Competitive Salary on offer
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working – 4 days a month ( 1 day per week) in the office
- Relaxed office environment in the City of London, near Aldgate East station
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Holiday purchase programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Home Office Allowance up to £400 to ensure you have the right tools/equipment for set up at home.
- Training Platform Learnably to support your personal development & growth.
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme – Claim £2500 towards purchasing a bike/equipment.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
- Generous family-friendly policies
YouView is an on-demand TV service with over 70 live digital channels. It seamlessly combines seven day catchup on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 with a library of on demand television programmes, films and radio. A range of quality content is available via on demand players from Netflix, Now TV, Milkshake!, UKTV Play, STV and S4C. YouView has record, pause and rewind TV functionality as well as a simple search and more.