IT Systems Administrator
About The Role
As the IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliable and secure operation of IT infrastructure and employee systems across our worldwide office locations, and data centers. Reporting to the VP of IT and DevOps, you will maintain and support both physical, and virtual infrastructure, including support for remote employees and contractors.
This role requires extensive knowledge of Windows platforms and technologies, deployment, and operation of high-availability infrastructure for employees and SaaS platforms, and a strong background in security. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, proven professional experience, and detailed knowledge of information technology and IT/Cyber security best practices.
- Ensure secure, reliable operation of networks, servers, hardware, and applications
- Onboarding and management of employee systems and accounts
- Maintain AD, Exchange, and Office 365, including secure group policies
- Manage and maintain physical and virtual Windows servers ,data centers, Hyper-V, SANs, switches, firewalls
- Maintain and implement IT policies and procedures including backup, disaster recovery, identity management, data access, and security.
- Maintains vendor relationships, manages IT purchases, IT contracts, IT budgets
- Identify system requirements, recommend technology purchases, and plan, and implement services and technologies to improve security and efficiency
- Successfully plan and implement multiple projects and priorities
- Plan and deliver IT initiatives across multiple offices and multiple time zones
- Maintain end-point protections, including penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments
- Detect, protect, and clean viruses from workstations and servers
- Support development and DevOps teams with application deployments
- Opportunities to work with DevOps and development in planning the deployment and operation of SaaS products and platforms
- Network documentation to enhance IT policies, security, and operations
- Developing and implementing IT documentation
- Participates in on-call rotation and after-hours work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Information Technology work experience
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, firewalls, VPN, SonicWALL
- Extensive experience with high-availability servers, Hyper-V, SANs, iLO
- CompTIA A Certification or equivalent experience
- Cyber Security experience, or related experience in IT / Security operations
- Knowledge of both Linux and Windows platforms, including DNS, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Office 365
- Implementation of SSO and centralized configuration management
- 2+ Years hands-on experience with large-scale AWS, or Data Centre deployment
- Experience with vulnerability testing and security audits
- CEH, CISM, CISSP, OSCP, OSCE, GIAC GCIA, GSEC, Security+, or other security certifications would be an asset.
- Familiar with security standards, GDPR, NIST 800
- Data center and Cloud operations.
- Quality management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both the Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.