De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Limited
Director, Brand & Marketing
De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB, and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs worldwide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality, and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Director, Brand & Marketing assumes oversight for of the DHC brand image, promotional activities, and external/public communication strategy. The development and execution of a world-class brand positioning and marketing strategy that aligns with DHC’s strategic business objectives is a critical objective of the role. This position requires the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and is a critical component in ensuring organizational effectiveness. The ideal candidate must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, create and simplify processes, and simultaneously support and prioritize varying requirements/tasks impacting a growing organization. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs and balance administrative and business needs versus operational constraints. Maturity, curiosity, creative problem-solving, and the ability to work as part of a team are all essential for success in this role.
- In collaboration with the CEO and key executive, implement an integrated external facing brand and communications and marketing strategy that drives key messages, brand awareness, positioning, key differentiators, and market engagement.
- Relaunch the ‘De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Limited’ brand identity externally with a focus on reigniting the product and ‘passion’ for DHC products and brands.
- Directly manage external communications strategies and campaigns that promote, enhance and protect the organization’s brand reputation and ensure consistent and standardized brand use and messaging internally (e.g., signage, documents, e-signatures, etc.) and externally (e.g., web, social media, PR, events, trade booths, marketing materials, client engagement, etc.).
- Act as a DHC ambassador – build relationships across a broad range of external stakeholders with the goal of advancing the brand, promotions ad communication strategies as well as driving broader awareness for the organization.
- Lead a group of marketing and communication professionals (internal and external) to support the development and execution of the brand and marketing strategy.
- Develop and lead the implementation of a global DHC event strategy to maximize brand awareness and customer
key stakeholder engagement in alignment with business objectives: –
- Identify critical/key events and plan product, brand, and media launches
- Develop event calendars and ensure effective participation.
- Plan and manage on-site activities for clients and the media.
- Coordinate the effective procurement of required items, including DHC booths, product and marketing materials, etc. that align with the event strategy.
- Ensure organizational awareness of the DHC name/brand use in the global landscape –
- continually scan industry sites, the internet, print publications, social media, etc. for use of the DHC name/brand to ensure appropriate use and permissions.
- Proactively scan competitors, peers, and media channels to ensure DHC’s brand reputation is not exposed or threatened by changes in the market or public perception.
- Identify and highlight to senior management where the organization’s activities and external messages diverge from the desired brand attributes and brand promise.
- Support the Corporate Communications and Media Relations teams when requested and ensure alignment and integrity of external communications.
- Develop and manage the DHC events, promotions, and marketing budget.
- Serve as the brand and marketing subject-matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans, as required.
- Develop and implement metrics, including key performance indicators and dashboards to ensure brand and marketing initiatives are in alignment with organizational goals and the DHC brand and marketing strategy.
Qualifications Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications (or equivalent experience) – Master’s degree is considered an asset.
- 10+ years experience in progressively more senior management positions in related disciplines as well as organizing and directing multidisciplinary teams and departments.
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing strategic branding and communications plans and developing multi-tactic marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission.
- Experience in media relations, issues management, and public speaking to diverse internal/external audiences is required.
- Proven expertise in digital and social media best practices and platforms (websites, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogs) and analytic tools to measure effectiveness.
- Experience in Aerospace manufacturing, transportation, logistics or related industry experience coupled with solid business acumen is an asset.
- Proven experience managing projects, with a focus on inspiring and leading cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of setting goals and KPIs and measuring against to deliver exceptional results.
- Deep knowledge and experience managing agencies and external vendors.
- Experience developing and managing marketing/branding budgets, ensuring actuals are in alignment with estimates.
- Ability to develop and foster quality and productive relationships with senior leadership, peers, and cross-functional teams in a matrix environment across diverse operations.
- Self-starter with a bias towards action and a proven track record of successful execution.
- Versatile with extreme dedication to efficient productivity.
- Expertise in marketing/presentation design software programs.
- Ability to assess the importance of tasks and decisions and set priorities, focusing time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities.
- Proven people management skills, with a strong ability to effectively lead diverse, distributed teams and build bench strength via training, coaching, and people development.
- A strong mix of strategic thinking and flawless execution with a willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding results on time and on budget, to support strategy.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and present at an executive level as well as to speak publicly and on the message to large and diverse audiences in high-pressure situations.
- Nimble-minded with a focus on developing creative customer-focused solutions and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to travel across North America and internationally.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.