Who we are
We, at Staples Professional, provide our business customers with a deep professional expertise when it comes to Business Essentials, Furniture, Facilities, Technology, Print/Promo, and Pack and Ship, as well as next-day delivery service and customized solutions for ordering, billing and reporting. We are part of the Staples umbrella in Canada, and as such we are a true multi-channel solution provider – online, at our customers place of business and in-store, for all our customers needs.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Professional is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Status: Full Time
Must be flexible to stay later if/when required
Pay Rate: $20.95/hr minimum
Deliver office supplies on assigned route to Staples customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide outstanding delivery service to customers and accept product returns as required. Mobile POD experience preferred but not required. Delivery vehicle and all necessary equipment provided by Staples.
- Ensure preloaded truck is ready for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Deliver product as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse
- Update manifest with reason codes
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Engage in safe work practices
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 32 kilograms by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard).
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 – 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Clean driver abstract with no “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable provincial law)
- Ability to lift up to 32 kilograms, navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions, safely
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment preferred
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.