Department of Education
Koorie Education Support
Attendance is required during the term only.
An education support class position at this range will perform tasks that are carried out in accordance with guidelines, accepted practice, and school policy under supervision and direction. This may include coordination of other education support class staff within the work area or educational program.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students but must not include duties of a teacher as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students can be required individually or in groups up to 4 in controlled circumstances and where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
The role of this position includes:
- Specific support tasks to achieve outcomes with our Koorie students.
- Assisting teachers, within an educational program, by undertaking specific support tasks or the coordination of the support function.
- Working with the Koorie students and their families to improve their attendance at school.
- To build a program that views Koorie culture as an asset which supports Koorie learners to be confident in their culture and identity.
- Supports communication between teachers and parents
- Communicates with teachers on routine matters related to students and/or other responsibilities
- Assist Koorie students to achieve their maximum potential by assisting them on a one-to-one basis
- Communicating with student/s to support comprehension of basic tasks and information
- Assist the Koorie students to feel strong int their cultural identity
- Provides basic support and supervision for individuals or groups of up to 4 students within a classroom setting
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.