The role of the Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist involves providing highly specialized guidance, support, and education to people with prediabetes, diabetes, and obesity. This involves using appropriate nutritional therapy through in-person interactions and digital platforms. Nutritional counseling also extends to other chronic conditions, including cardiovascular issues, thyroid conditions, and hypertension.
- Plan, develop, and implement nutritional education for adults and their families that is suitable for delivery on an online platform, following established guidelines for content, tone, length, health literacy, and sourcing.
- Provide in-person and online nutrition education related to diabetes and the disease process and monitoring in relation to blood glucose levels.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in evidence-based diets for common chronic medical conditions, Diabetic Diet, DASH Diet, Mediterranean Diet, and Renal Diet, by understanding and providing cultural context to enhance treatment effectiveness.
- Review available patient data regarding current nutritional intake and glucose levels and create nutritional plans and educational materials to improve nutrition in a manageable, personalized process, both in-person and on the digital platform.
- Provide regular nutritional feedback for weight control and disease management according to protocols, which involves checking patients’ food logs, activity levels, weight loss, and glucose levels on the digital platform.
- Assist insulin-dependent diabetics in nutritional education and carbohydrate counting, making adjustments, if necessary, about blood glucose levels for medication control in coordination with the physician and diabetes educator.
- Escalate concerns to the physician or other Care Team members when a patient issue is beyond the scope of practice.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other departments, services, and community healthcare agencies to facilitate and support quality diabetes care and overall health and well-being.
- Engage in and contribute to nutritional research.
- Following established protocols, document assessments, interventions, and plans, including recommendations, goals, progress notes, and interaction summaries.
Education and Experience
- Current Clinical Dietitian licensure in the UAE (preferred).
- Mandatory DHA license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a diabetes, nutritionist, or clinical dietitian role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or Human Nutrition.
- Fluent communication skills in English (knowledge of Arabic as an additional language is preferred).
- Independent work capability, creativity, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Proficient in utilizing digital platforms to develop innovative educational content, incorporating relevant nutritional information.
- Managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritizing work scheduling.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Timely and accurate completion of work assignments.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional handling of challenging digital situations involving patients, physicians, or others.
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for effectively managing the nutrition care of individual patients both online and on digital platforms.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.