Discovery Land Company
About the job
Superintendent – Starfish Construction
Goals and Objectives
- Project management — multiple projects per year
- Site Supervision
- Tracking project schedule, managing subcontractor milestones, responding to client inquiries/changes in a timely basis.
- Responsible for all site supervision on designated construction projects
- Responsible for the execution of project from commencement through punch list
- Assure customer satisfaction by creating a clean and organized jobsite
- Create an environment of professionalism, respect, timeliness and accountability among the project team
- Maintain overall project schedules
- Produce three week look ahead schedules on a weekly basis
- Coordinate subcontractor trades
- Manage self-perform labor and labor forecasts
- Track material procurement to ensure schedule goals
- Manage punch list and turnover to ensure customer satisfaction
- Evaluate project constructability
- Provide input to project manager for project schedules and labor forecasts
- Ongoing support of community development initiatives to ensure coordination of efforts with operations and sales within the community
- Client interaction; representing schedule milestones and project means and methods
- Input project weekly reports for the project manager
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree desired but not required.
- Minimum three-year experience.
- Experience working in an environment with shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Office, Publisher and Project
- Experience with project management and accounting software, preferably competency with Procore and Timberline Sage.
- Ability to listen and respond to multiple players, providing feedback and recommendations as required to most effectively meet project needs.
Competencies for Success in the Role
- Collaboration – regularly works with other departments or projects
- Communication – verbal and written
- Decision making
- Delivers results – getting things done on time and accurately
- Strategic thinking
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specializes in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts worldwide. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Our communities are distinct with their own architectural styles, world-class amenities, and high levels of service.
We don’t build buildings, but rather we build setting where families can create intergenerational memories and enrich their lives in exquisite and untouched sanctuaries. These settings offer a casual and comfortable sense of community through outstanding clubhouses, premier golf courses, welcoming staff, world-class culinary offerings, and outdoor pursuits.
To ease and enrich your experiences, Discovery holds itself to the highest of service standards. Every decision we make is driven by one fundamental objective: to make the time you spend with the people you care about most not merely enjoyable, but memorable.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.