At Distalmotion, we believe that every patient undergoing minimally invasive surgery should benefit from the best of surgical expertise and robotic technology. This is the vision that made us create Dexter, the world’s first and only on-demand robotic surgery system. Thanks to Dexter, surgeons have never been closer to their patients while benefiting from robotic best-in-class technology.
Distalmotion has been created by passionate and open-minded people with various experiences. Today, we are still convinced that an inclusive and international company culture is the best way to continue growing. Our leadership is highly committed to promoting diversity among the teams and welcomes every employee based on their identity.
You are looking for a new fulfilling challenge in a fast-growing medical device company? Join a team engaged in making on-demand robotic surgery the new medical revolution.
About Manufacturing Engineer
The manufacturing engineer monitors the quality and efficiency performance of the assigned manufacturing CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organization). You’ll drive continuous improvement through process development, design transfer, root cause analysis, and systematic problem-solving.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
The ideal candidate possesses both a high level of technical expertise and an innate passion to build. You’ll play a critical role in creating and refining processes in order to improve manufacturing safety, quality and productivity.
- Maintain and improve our CMO manufacturing activities on Dexter.
- Ensure high reactivity in diagnostics and troubleshooting within the CMO.
- Act as a link between our CMO and the supply chain/R&D teams (HQ).
- Support the ramp-up of Dexter manufacturing.
- Lead change request activities within CMO.
- Implement and follow up the repair center for Dexter modules at the CMO.
- Ensure the Device History Records (DHR) are properly maintained with all Dexter robot configurations from manufacturing.
- Ensure compliance with relevant norms and regulations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documents and records in compliance with Distalmotion’s QMS.
- Contribute to establishing best practices and continuous improvement.
- Provide training to CMO to have them must up to date.
- Maintain tools and test equipment and ensure they are properly calibrated at the CMO site.
- Degree in engineering (microtechnology, robotics, mechanical engineering, or equivalent) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record in industrialization and or manufacturing line follow-up of mechanical or mechatronics devices (project management a plus).
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project management including Supplier and CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organization) coordination.
- Proven experience with electromechanical Medical devices (IIa, IIb, III) manufacturing.
- Versatile, all-purpose, hands-on, solution-oriented and focus resolutely.
- Strong verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English, French a plus.
- Open to travel – up to 60%, Swiss German part, and Europe.
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing company active in one of the most promising fields of medicine.
- Permanent contract with 25 days of paid vacation.
- A dynamic atmosphere in an internationally minded environment.
- Flexible work schedule (possibility to regularly work from home).
- Other benefits: Mobility plan, competitive company pension plan, support for gym memberships.
- Regular team-building events such as boot camps, skiing, and much more.
Distalmotion is a medical device company founded and based in Lausanne, Switzerland. as a spin-off of the Robotics Lab of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). Our objective is to remove the complexity of robotic surgery in order to fast-track its widespread adoption in minimally invasive care. To do so, we want to continue disrupting minimal invasive surgery – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Join our team to address critical healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives!
To apply for this job please visit ch.linkedin.com.