|Post Name||Clinical Pharmacist|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 45 To CAD 50 Per Hour|
CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes).
We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centers that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
The Pharmacist is responsible for maintaining continuity of care for clientele through collaboration between onsite physicians, nursing staff, and other health providers at long-term care, supportive living, and other congregate living communities. It is also the responsibility of the Pharmacist to participate in the day-to-day dispensary operations of the pharmacy and ensure safe and effective patient care standards are met with all dispensed medications.
Competitive compensation package including; base pay, benefits, and RRSP matching. Details will be discussed with successful candidates.
- Act as the main representative for our contracted operators
- Provide clinical and dispensary pharmacy services to patients in alignment with Continuing Care Service Standards, Site Policy, Internal policies, and the Ministerial Order of Clinical Pharmacy Services
- Perform annual and quarterly medication reviews, hospital discharge medication reconciliation, Tamiflu prophylaxis prescribing, etc.
- Create collaborative practice networks with physicians, nursing staff, healthcare aides, case managers, and other healthcare providers
- Provide educational in-services when required
- Follow and adhere to internal policies and processes established by the Clinical Division
- Maintain patient and employee confidentiality in accordance with organizational policy and professional/legal obligations
- Support best practice medication management processes
- Adheres to organization and department-specific safety standards and guidelines
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other health practitioners, as well as patients and family members.
- Aid in operational activities through coordinated service delivery, supporting site-to-pharmacy communications, and ensuring continuity of care for patients.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring to The Team:
- Licensed (or in the final stages of licensing) as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of BC
- Retail/Community/Assisted Living Pharmacy to experience an asset
- Authorization to Administer Drugs by Injection
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other health practitioners, as well as patients and family members.
- Ability to be self-directed, to organize and prioritize workload, and to complete tasks with accuracy, precision, and dependability
- Ability to provide 24-hour emergency on-call support in a rotation with other Clinical Pharmacists
- Ability to travel in the North/Central Vancouver Island area as required
Qualities for Success:
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.