Restaurant General Manager
Full Job Description
Who we are
We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience of Dorchester Collection and the hotels within it. It is, after all, our people that bring our vision to life. As a member of our Dorchester Collection Family, we will support your development by nurturing your personality, creating a transparent culture of trust collaboration and appreciation. Supported by our annual personal development planning, tailored learning opportunities and our Academy programs you will be a part of creating a bespoke experience.
Treasured by guests. Cherished by employees. Celebrated worldwide.
Diversity and Inclusion at Dorchester Collection is a core belief of our We Care philosophy. The basis of We Care is to create an environment within our company where all of our employees feel valued and respected, allowing positive engagement to prosper. We continually strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is part of our DNA reflected by our core values of Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity. We are proud of each and every one of our employees and promote a sense of belonging that transcends all else.
Your future, our legacy
The Lana – Dorchester Collection
Division & Department
Food & Beverage – Restaurant
Restaurant General Manager-Signature Restaurant
We are not just a collection of hotels, but instead a talented community. A family with a shared passion and commitment to, unapologetically, love and breathe who we are every day. An eclectic grouping who really care about each other and our guests; where belonging transcends all else. We do this with a backdrop of extraordinary hotels, steeped in history, glamour and stories, which provide the perfect stage for our people – our Legends – to live our vision –Treasured by Guests, Cherished by Employees, Celebrated Worldwide.
Diversity and Inclusion at Dorchester Collection are core beliefs of our We Care philosophy. The basis of We Care is to create an environment where all of our employees feel valued and respected, allowing positive engagement to prosper. We continually strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is part of our DNA, reflected by our core values of Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity. When submitting your application, please let us know if you require any special accommodations during the interview process.
We care about your career and are known for having the absolute best people in the industry. When you join us as a Restaurant General Manager you start a unique opportunity to become celebrated as the very best in your field. You’ll learn not only from your fellow Legends, but also through our award-winning learning academy, so that you can achieve the highest standards of craft, service, and leadership and become a legend in your own story.
What you’ll get
As a Restaurant General Manager at The Lana, Dorchester Collection Dubai, here are just some of the great benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Salary Package
- Family Benefits
- World-class Development Opportunities
- Complimentary stays with breakfast included in our sister Dorchester Collection hotels. Stay up to twice a year at each hotel!
- 50% off at bars and restaurants within all of our sister Dorchester Collection hotels
- Meals on Duty
- Private Medical Insurance for self and the family
- Life Insurance for self
- Annual Flight Allowance for self and the family
- Education Support Allowance for children
- Housing Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
- Uniform provided by the Company with complimentary laundry
What you’ll do
You’ll love what you do and take pride in delighting our guests:
- You will be responsible for spearheading the day-to-day operations of one of our signature restaurants to ensure our guests receive nothing but the best experience.
- You’ll also be responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the team by implementing a cohesive training and development program within the department including assisting with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Our values of, Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. As a Restaurant General Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to bring these to life and continue to create our legacy.
- You are in charge or monitoring revenue targets and ensuring these are achieved and exceeded, simultaneously all costs are controlled within pre-set budgets including beverage cost, payroll and other expenses.
- By holding a daily team briefing pre-service, you ensure the full team is well informed of the daily happenings around the hotel as well as the upcoming service.
- During your daily routine, you liaise with other departments when required to ensure an immaculate presentation of your outlet and high standards of cleanliness as well as maintenance are upheld at all times including restaurant furniture, equipment, floors, fixtures and fittings.
- Together with your team of hostesses, you ensure the restaurant reservations are optimized to ensure well-controlled productivity, optimal guest satisfaction and optimized revenue generation.
- In collaboration with your service team, you ensure fantastic quality of beverage preparation, presentation and beverage inventory control.
The items shared are the essence of a day in the life of a Restaurant General Manager, but we’ll make sure you are provided with specifics on how we care for our hotel
What you’ll bring
- You’ll bring your unique personality and passion to the role and the team with your can-do spirit and a positive attitude at all times.
- You have a talent for delighting guests by leading a team of passionate individuals and striving for excellence and understand the expectations of the well-traveled high net worth guests.
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. You have great communication skills with a strong customer service ethic.
- You have experience working in a busy lifestyle environment, a background in a standalone restaurant is a plus as well as experience with tableside preparations and gueridon service.
- As a detail orientated and hands-on team player with strong interpersonal skills, you will thrive on mentoring high potential team members to achieve better results and celebrate success within the team.
- You are passionate about our industry and are aware of all the latest F&B trends and developments around the world, you also have a keen interest in wine and other beverages.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. You can comfortably communicate in this language. Other languages including Arabic, Italian, French, Spanish or German are highly desirable.
- You will have a relevant professional certification or hotel school diploma and bring a wealth of past experience working for luxury hotels and fine-dining restaurants in the Middle East plus at least one more continent including Europe, Asia or the USA.
United Arab Emirates
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.