Heavy Duty Driver
Based at Dubai International airport, Emirates Flight Catering provides airline, events and VIP catering, plus ancillary services including laundry, food production and airport lounge food & beverage. We passionately promote excellence and efficiency and that’s why we’re industry leaders. Learn more about our services by clicking below. Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining shares held by Dubai Airports Corporation. we launched a state-of-the-art complex dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates. With a built-up area of over 56,000m2, it’s the largest facility of its kind in the world.
- Ensure punctual and efficient delivery and collection to and from the designated places on time.
- Ensure that all deliveries are supplied as per laid down procedures.
- Provide reports on all collections, deliveries and fuel usage.
- Assist and guide staff in the loading and unloading of items.
- Ensure safe driving practice in compliance with UAE road traffic regulations at all times.
- Assist in carrying out vehicle maintenance checks and make sure to report any mechanical breakdowns for corrective action to be taken.
- Apply the Quality Policy and Quality System established in accordance with ISO 9001: 2000 international standards and execute all responsibilities according to the department work procedures while reflecting EKFC Quality Policy.
- Comply with the Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Secondary school or equivalent qualification.
- Valid GCC Driving License with License No 4 (Heavy Vehicle).
- Previous experience of minimum 12 months as a Heavy Duty / Trailer Driver in the GCC
- Experience driving in an Airport, Container Port or Logistics centre is preferred.
- Knowledge of vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Communication skills in English.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate a team based approach including ability to positively manage conflict.
- Deliver well structured written/ spoken communication, with impact and energy.
Position within: Airside Operations Department
Reports to: Assistant Operations Manager
Location: Dubai International Airport Terminal 1
Category: Catering Operations
Salary & Benefits:
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.