Reporting to the Resort Manager this role is a 5 day in resort driving service for the guests to be taken to and from chalets and the ski lifts or any other trips required in the resort by guests from 10am to 6pm. Our promise is to have any guest picked up within 20 minutes of their call.
Guests will also be able to prebook lifts and you will be supported by a back up driver during busy periods.20minutes of their call. Guests will also be able to prebook lifts and you will be supported by a back up driver during busy periods.
- Full driving license and at least 3 years post qualification driving experience is essential.
- At least 2 years/seasons professional passenger or goods driving experience (provable) or a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence is essential.
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is highly desirable.
- Good level of spoken French is desirable.
- Must be excellent at working as part of a team, have extremely high work standards, be customer-focused, self motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious.
- Helps create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski website and the Employee Manual.Mayhave, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski website and the Employee Manual.
- Refers any complaints to Resort Manager.
- Ensures an effective handover to the relief staff (who provide cover on your day off) so that the standard of service is maintained
DRIVER AND VEHICLE CARE/MAINTENANCE
- Drives guests within their designated valley as required, according to rota, helping them load and unload ski equipment as necessary.
- Drives safely and responsibly at all times. Is (becomes) knowledgeable about, and complies with French driving/traffic and parking rules and regulations. Never drives any Purple Ski vehicles when under the influence of alcohol.
- Maintains vehicle logbook, accounting for all mileage and fuel consumption/costs. Minimize fuel costs. Ensures that vehicles are re-fueled appropriately.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles, including daily clean inside and twice-weekly (minimum) clean outside. Maintains vehicles in good mechanical order and completes and submits weekly log sheets to support this.
- Reports and arranges any repairs and replacements immediately to Resort Manager.
- Ensures that vehicles under their care are secured from loss or damage at all times
- Drives chalet staff to and from work as necessary.
- Helps the Supplies Manager with the distribution of supplies to the chalets as required.
- Goes shopping for emergency provisions as required, also helps with the movement of chalet-related equipment and provisions as necessary.
- Snow clearing of chalets, hot tub checks and other jobs assigned by Resort Manager during quieter periods
To apply for this job please visit fr.indeed.com.