This position is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to customer sites as needed or as a part of a pre-defined route, reviewing orders prior to delivery to verify accuracy, and loading and unloading goods, and pick-up using Encore owned, leased, or rented trucks including vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of greater than 26,001 lbs. Responsible for holding and maintaining a valid DZ license to operate vehicles with GVW over 26,001 lbs.
Driving, Delivery, and Pick-up Asset
- Drive Encore owned, leased, or rented vehicles including vans and box trucks that may exceed a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 26,001 lbs
- Maintain set routes and schedules as directed by their supervisor to meet customer expectations
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Review orders for accuracy during both delivery and pickup to ensure all items are accounted for
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage to gear
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Able to complete a manual and/or electronic log book, based on an assigned region
- Provide superior customer service and strive to exceed the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication and interaction
- Assist with dispatching (as needed), which includes planning routes, making driver assignments, coordinating with venues and branch personnel and arranging for 3rd party transportation to support regional needs
- Assist warehouse team with other responsibilities to include: pulling, receiving, and transportation of equipment.
- Participate in annual physical inventory process.
- Perform quality control and equipment staging in warehouse as directed.
- Ensure all equipment is picked up and/or delivered on site.
- Works with the dispatcher or warehouse supervisors to ensure vehicles are well maintained through scheduled service appointments as required
- Maintain good general overall appearance of the vehicles and ensure all vehicles are kept clean and free of debris
- Perform daily inspection on vehicle prior to route and ensure Driver Vehicle Inspection logs are performed before each trip
- Maintain and replenish all vehicle fluids as needed – e.g. wiper fluid, DEF, etc.
- Identify mechanical maintenance needs as they occur
- Report any vehicle damages or traffic violations to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Hold a valid DZ license minimum of 2 years of driving experience
- Will consider good/experienced candidates with only a G class license as well
- High School Diploma / GED
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) under and above 26,001 lbs.
- Clean driving record.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- General knowledge of vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- General understanding of proper load securement.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
- Ability to drive or sit for long hours at a time.
- Good communication skills with internal and external customers.
- High degree of team work with customers, peers, and managers.
- Ability to use and understand automated routing software.
- General competencies skills in smartphone use.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction.
- Ability to maneuver vehicle in heavy city traffic conditions.
- Safety Conscience
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.