Ecole Internationale de Geneve
English Language Acquisition Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching qualifications
- EAL qualifications e.g. CELTA or TESOL, or equivalent
- Previous experience teaching primary-age children (3-12)
- Experience working in a multicultural and multi-linguistic environment
- Experience teaching an inquiry-based curriculum (PYP or equivalent)
- Confident in the use of ICT and willing to develop the expertise necessary in a school setting
- Proactive resourceful and able to use own initiative
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Child-centered, friendly, caring, patient, and positive attitude
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French
- Other languages spoken desired
- Reimbursement for an economic ticket
- Housing allowance
- Health insurance participation
- School fees participation
UN, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint, is the world’s number-one international school. With eight schools on three campuses across the Geneva area, we educate around 4500 students aged from 3-18. We have around 1500 employees representing more than 110 nationalities. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the International Baccalaureate, currently a reference in more than 3500 international schools in the world. Our mission is to shape students’ lives and prepare them to be world citizens engaged with the political, ethical, and environmental challenges of their times.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver lessons, teaching materials, and assessments
- Lead small group sessions
- Integration of technology to enhance and document learning
- Keep abreast of professional learning opportunities
- Work with teams to optimize support in an inclusive model
Leading student learning
- Support students with no/little English proficiency in accessing the language in the mainstream
- Assist with the well-being of students
Leading community learning
- Provide workshops for parents and support family language planning
- Support and mentor teachers to integrate best practices in language education
Manage and develop the languages programs
- Collect, organize and use data from student language profiles to facilitate learning.
- Develop curriculum
Review the quality of implementation
- Support and observe the implementation of multilingual practices in the classrooms
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.
To apply for this job please visit www.teachaway.com.