Emirates Logistics LLC
Roles & Responsibilities
Job Purpose: Safety Officer is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing the safety of employees at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines of customers and best practices in the Logistics industry (Transportation, Vehicle Maintenance, and warehousing).
Job Description/ Responsibility:
- The main Responsibility is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment) rules & Regulations as per Client and OHS Authorities
- Advising management on the requirements of health and safety legislation; assisting them on new Rules & Regulations regarding Health & Safety by Federal Government and Dubai & Abu Dhabi Municipality (OSHAD).
- Conducting HSE Awareness sessions/training with all employees to ensure compliance.
- Auditing and Monitoring the Permit-to-work System on-site & taking Disciplinary actions in case of any Incompliance.
- Preparing, reviewing & revising the HSE Plans for Different operational activities.
- Reviewing, Approving, and Preparing (Where Necessary) the Risk Assessment
- for different operational activities.
- Safety Walkabout of Different Storage/Facility Areas to Ensure Safety is Not Being Compromised.
- Accident/Incident/Near miss Investigations to avoid Reoccurrence.
- Monthly KPI Report Preparations and presentations to Seniors.
- Maintaining Safety Statistics Safe man hours
- Emergency Plan Preparation Appointing the ERT. Leaders and team members.
- Personally, monitoring The Emergency Evacuation in Surprise Drills to Ensure the System is effective.
- Maintaining & Ensuring the Compliance to Govt. Regulatory Bodies (Oshad, Civil Defence).
- Joining the Quarter & Annual Audit and supporting the Lead auditors in Audit Findings.
- Review and Revise the H&S Policy If Required.
- Joining/Conducting the Awareness Sessions and Taking the Employee’s Review in Regard to their health & safety.
- Participating in weekly & Monthly safety meetings with clients & Authorities.
- Implementing Health Surveillance Program within the Team as per Oshad requirement.
- Conducting Continuous Emergency drills to ensure the effectiveness of the Emergency Response Plan In Case Of Emergency.
- Ability to plan ahead and coordinate with subordinates.
- Identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Customer service oriented.
- Good understanding of locations and navigating.
- Dedicated follow-up with customers and/or workshop(s), and providing feedback to related parties.
- Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to changing situations; ability to work with the resources available; prioritize tasks; work under pressure.
- Team player with strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
Desired Candidate Profile
- NEBOSH or IOSH Certified.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of occupational safety and local laws and regulations governing safety procedures and policies
- Proficiency in investigating and analyzing accidents/Incidents
- A keen eye for detail and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Speaking Hindi will be added advantage
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently.
- A good problem solver.
- A driving License is mandatory
- Full Time
Department / Functional Area
- HSE (Health
To apply for this job please visit www.naukrigulf.com.